Search this Collection
The special collection includes various items chronicling the history of the Guardians of the Golden Shears. The Guardians of the Golden Shears was founded in March 1939 by fourteen current and former Texas Wesleyan students who had received the Golden Shears award. All recipients of the Golden Shears since the award's inception in 1938 are considered members of the club. The constitution and bylaws of the organization provide for a committee that selects new members of the organization. The Golden Shears award was created by the Rambler in 1938. Mrs. Nora Yager, a member of the Rambler staff, designed the emblem for the organization and was the first recipient of the award. She was also one of the fourteen founding members of this organization.